Outsource the irritating bits of building a Web site
Building an effective Web site can be a pain in the neck.
One day you are running a business, the next you're having to analyse:
- the internal needs of the business
- the external needs of Web customers
- how the site should integrate with existing systems
- the site's impact on the business' workflow
- the taxonomy of different service offerings
... and many other things that make people glum.
And that's before having to write Web site copy, track milestones or... most horribly, transfer information from an old site to the new.
It has to be done, and I can help
This stuff is irksome but necessary. Cutting corners at the beginning of the process can mean painful and costly corrections later.
I can't make it go away, but I can ease the pain, both by guiding your organisation through the necessary processes and rolling up my sleeves and getting stuff done. You can find out more here.